by velocibadgergirl

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Bookish Birthday, Part 2

I had a co-birthday party with my dear friend Danger this past Saturday night, and besides being an absolute blast, it added to the bookishness of my birthday.

As promised, the bibliophile gave me Anonymous Rex / Casual Rex, and she also gave me Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. Since I loved The Mother Tongue, I have high hopes for this one.

The other party attendees also spoiled me, and I ended up with much-coveted Barnes & Noble gift cards to spend. I just finished Tamora Pierce's Trickster's Choice yesterday, and I loved it so much that I called the library and had them hold the sequel for me so I could pick it up after work. I decided it was high time I read the first set of Pierce's Tortall books, so tonight I redeemed half of my gift certificates for Alanna:  the First Adventure and my own copy of Trickster's Choice.

      


Book birthdays are most definitely the best birthdays!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home